Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Unpacking

Unpacking has always been a dreaded task but today I forced myself to do it. I almost finished. I also cleaned the closet. I didn't organize it 100%, but it is clean and it is a start. There's a lot of stuff in there that is going up and out for yard sale so there will be a lot of free space when that stuff goes. I'm not sure if I should move stuff out and store it somewhere different before the yard sale or just leave it there. I think leaving it there might prevent a bigger mess elsewhere in the house. The day-to-day cleaning is what kills me and my motivation to look at the bigger picture!! Dishes, cleaning up after dinner, laundry, interuptions like unpacking... they all slow me down! But I need to stay focused. I think I'll goal myself to "go the extra mile" at least once each day I'm home. In addition to my normal cleaning, I'll do something extra. Like today unpacking was my normal drudge but cleaning the closet was an added something. More to come later!!

No comments: