Friday, May 11, 2007

Day One: Mustering Motivation

I've been saying it for such a long time... I want to get rid of my clutter. I wanted to get organized. I want everything to have its place.

I'm tired of talking and ready for some action! I've watched too many people on Oprah and Home&Garden TV cleaning up their clutter and I know I can do it too. I have gotten motivated at a challenging time but I won't let these challenges be my excuse anymore. So what if I have a baby that can destroy the whole house as quickly as I can load the dishwasher! So what if we just downsized and my garage is stacked with boxes and boxes of STUFF I haven't seen in over six months. I can't let these be my excuses. If I wait any longer, the excuses will just keep building and building.

So why are you still writing about it...?? You might be asking... Well.... I want to get focused and organize my thoughts... have a plan and set a goal! I feel like if I write it all down and document my clutter cleaning journey, I'll be held to some kind of accountability. Sounds good in theory right?

Now that I have that out of the way, let's think about my method of removal.

Step One: Yard Sale
Step Two: Freecycle

I also need to think of WHY am I holding onto so much of this STUFF?? and then start to let things go!!

Progress so far? Yes... Today I went through my closet and took down things I know I won't wear anymore. If I don't feel good in it, then it's GONE. There are things that are too small so if I know I won't wear it when I get skinnier, then it's gone too! I took down a ton of stuff but just folded it into the shelving for the yard sale.

I think I need to organize a safe area where all of this yard sale stuff is going to go. But where? It will have to be the patio room!!

Let's see how I can get through this... or if I even can....

No comments: